Facebook Instagram Email Pinterest Twitter

Friday, August 10, 2012

Life Coach

I made a big leap this week and hired a life coach.  I really need to see if I can make this art thing happen.  I need someone to help me map out a plan and make me stick to it.  I hope she pushes me farther than I am comfortable with since that is the place where you grow as a person the most.  Its an expensive endeavor but one I feel that is right for me at this time in my life.  My boys are young men.  They turned out great and are independent so they don't need me like they used to.  I am still devoted to them emotionally and are here for them when they need me to be but I definitely have a lot more free time on my hands now.  I think its time for me to find out what will fill me with joy and passion and somehow make that a huge part of my life.  I'm 51 years old and not getting any younger, for sure.  Its now or never.

I meet with my life coach for the first time this Wednesday and as part of the process I had to supply her with a lot of information about myself and my goals.  She even had me tell her what three words people would use to describe me.  I went a little overboard with it and asked some co-workers, friends and my hubby and sons.  The answers were all great and all very true.  It was such a fun exercise.

I am still playing around with different styles.  The two paintings I just posted are totally different than what I normally do.  I am trying to push myself.  Not sure if they are something I would continue to do but thought I would share them anyway.  And as always, thanks for reading my blog

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Paige I am thrilled that you hired a life coach to help you pursue what it is that you want out of life.

I did that exact same thing a year ago last month and was doing weekly coaching sessions until Christmas. It's the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I was 53 years old then. It's 'absolutely' never too late. :)

I hope that you are enjoying the process and having fun with it. Look forward to you blogging about it more maybe? ;)