Facebook Instagram Email Pinterest Twitter

Friday, June 8, 2012

My art critique

Last night Noah went through my current paintings and gave me his critique (both positive and negative) on each.  Since he is an art student himself, he is used to having his art praised and ripped apart constantly.  The one thing about being an artist, you have to have tough skin, otherwise you will never make it.
But the "critique" was really eye opening for me.  I honestly have been feeling a little stuck and feel like many of my painting are starting to look too similar and wasn't sure where to go with them but Noah gave me some really incredible ideas and suggestions.  My mind is now full of possibilities and I can't wait to get home so I can start painting again.
Sometimes you really do need someone else come and look at your art and tell you honestly and without judgement how they think they can be improved.
I was highly impressed.  I guess art school is paying off, for the both of us!

(Oh and check out his new tattoo- its his first but for sure not his last)

No comments: