Facebook Instagram Email Pinterest Twitter

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A new year. Welcome 2015



A new year.  A time to make new commitments.  To set new goals.  One of my goals every year is to blog more.  And every year so far, I have not kept that commitment.  Here it is January 27, 2015 and I haven't blogged since August.  AUGUST!  Oy.

I am still struggling with the "who cares what I have to say" fear.  But I am going to start anyway.

I am just going to write about my life as an artist.  My wins and failures.  My struggles and achievements.

Ok, I will start with some achievements from 2014.

1.  I  more than tripled my income from 2013!  Not bad, not bad at all.

2.  I was accepted at bigger and better shows.  Another good step.

3.  I have grown tremendously as an artist.  YAH.

4.  I have continuously put myself out there.  I let myself be vulnerable.

5.  I created my website and its up and running.  I printed cool business cards.

6.  I started selling prints of my work so that I don't have to keep reinventing the wheel over and over again.  I sold tote bags printed with my designs.  Keyword, is "sold"

7. My twitter followers has grown proportionately to how much effort I put into tweeting.  Funny how that works.

8.  I took my first in-person art business course.  I learned a lot and met some really great people.  A win-win.

9.  I still work full-time and do shows on the weekends, sometimes working 6-7 days a week and haven't given up.

10.  I survived!


No comments: