Facebook Instagram Email Pinterest Twitter

Sunday, September 23, 2012

My first show this weekend

I am getting excited about selling at The Fenton Street Market this weekend.  Its been quite a long time since I did a art/craft show.  The best part of selling at these shows is talking to all of the patrons.  Even when I didn't sell a floorcloth, I always had a great time meeting people and getting their feedback.  I understood that not everyone wanted a floorcloth.  Heck, most people didn't even know what a floorcloth was. I spent a lot of time explaining their history and what they are used for.  Some of my buyers never even put them on the floor and put them up as art or used them in a totally different way.  I actually saw one of my floorcloths at the Takoma Park House and Garden show a few years ago on someone's dining room table.  It was used as a runner.   Very exciting to actually see my work in someone's house.

I am hoping to sell a painting but that is not my only goal for selling at this market.  I really really want feedback, both positive and negative.  I am interested in seeing how they react to my art.  Luckily for me, I do not have to make a living from selling my paintings so I can just relax and let what happens happen.  But don't get me wrong, I REALLY want to sell one.

I will send out reminders but just in case you want to put the dates on your calendar, I will be at The Fenton Street Market on Sept 29th, Oct 6th, Oct 20th and Oct 27th.  See you there, I hope!

Here is a pic of my sign in progress.

As always, thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: