Facebook Instagram Email Pinterest Twitter

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A new painting in progress

I finally have a painting that I am happy with in progress.  Its a little hard to see with all of the glare but I think you get the idea. Its actually a larger version in the style of some other paintings I had done in the past but I am happy with the way those turned out so I thought I would try it again, just larger.  I had been experimenting with collage but wasn't thrilled with the outcome.    But I do love collage, when done right.  Its also been a crazy busy few weeks starting with our power outage at the beginning of July.  I am happy to report that it came on at 1:00 on my birthday!  Yah, I got my birthday wish.  Luckily Eli and I took off for two days and escaped to the beach so I didn't have to deal with it too much.  Threw out all of our food but my refrigerator has never looked better!  It seems like we have been running here and there and three weeks has gone by in a flash.  Anyway,  I am feeling good about this new painting and will post the finished product when its complete.  Thanks as always for reading my blog.

1 comment:

Renee! said...

Beautiful painting so far!!! And Happy Birthday!!! Celebrate all month... I always do!
Renee
xoxo
P.s... I just found your blog from the Brave Girls Blog group and started following you. I'd love it if you'd follow me too!
Have a great day!
www.fussitup.blogspot.com